Thursday 5 April 2012

Maundy Thursday

My mother- in-law brought us some lovely apple tree cuttings on their way to their summer cottage to Luvia (the season has now officially started, ha!) .

The beautiful branches immediately attracted some attention:)
Nuppu, 10 yrs, Varpu 1.5yrs and Lumi 2.5years old
Björn, 1.5 years old
Lumius Keisari
Nuppu
Halla wants a nibble too, how unfair!
AND, hahaa, me seedlings:) An updated Linseed Flower (Kuitupellava)
Lupine (Lupiini)
I love lupines, for some reason lot(?) of Finnish people hate them:( When I excitedly told that I had lupine seeds I received a lot of sniggering from extreme garden enthusiasts who said lupines were disgusting and regarded as nuisance. I find them very beautiful and have a tiny patch by the downstairs balcony steps, which I wish to expand a little:) Lupines are so colourful and easy, reminds me of my childhood a lot, and I love how they attract butterflies:)
Pride of Barbados
(Riikinkukkopensas)
Baby's Breath (Morsiusharso)
Small mixed gourds (Koristekurpitsa)
Tomato, Black Krim
(Musta tomaatti)
Ha, I don't even know why I've ordered these Black Krim seeds, they look pretty scary and untasty, like a voodoo tomato, ha. They're supposed to be really good though. I remember when these hit the market in UK (2006-ish maybe), it was said the tomato's were designed to appeal to the kids, so they'd manage the "Eat 5 a day" as suggested in a campaign.
Oregano
Iberis (Candytuft) "Dwarf Fairy Mix"
(Sarjasaippo)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...