Monday 18 June 2012

Good Morning Kurikka x 5

Katri, Anna-Stiina and I spent 5 days (4 days + 1 free studio day) in Kurikka learning, updating and researching different ways to set stones to jewellery. Emphasis was on prong-, bezel-, tube-, bead- and burnish settings.
(kynsi eli reimari-, putki- , kartio-, rae- ja hiertämisistutukset)

Each day started with a 9am breakfast (I've been back for 2 days and my heart aches for them gorgeous wholesome home made delicious Ostrobothnian meals! Thank you Anna-Stiina's mum Anna-Maija, and Mietaan markki's catering! I got back and tried to stock up with the same ingredients, but it just doesn't taste the same:( Sob!). Officially we had teaching until 5pm, but we were allowed to stay as long as we wanted and left as late as 11pm on most days. And even had the teacher available as much as we needed!

We worked so relentlessly that I forgot to take pics, but here are some:
(first pic
© is Taina Vuorela / Mietaan Markki)
10mm cubic zirconia for a bezel setting
Making of... cone for the setting
(kartiorauta)
Home sickness relief
Work in progress.. One on the left is in feather shape and was made by casting 925 sterling silver. I made my first ever tube setting on this piece:). Tiny little morning dew droplet (2.5mm):)
Katri soldering her toadstool ring
Jewellerer's ring stretcher also doubled as a concave ring maker
Making of... Filigree ring (Filigraani in Finnish)
I really enjoyed myself! We all had a tough week, working non-stop, but it was all well worth the effort and can't wait for the summer 2013 (this was the only course in summer 2012).

I'm off to finish my tiny silver smithing studio;)
Then back to business as usual:)
Have a beautiful Monday!
x x x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...